The Talon offers an industrial-strength solution for high-ply production facilities with capabilities to cut up to 3 in. (7 cm) of compressed material goods.
The Eastman Talon Multi-Ply is engineered and manufactured in the USA to automatically pull stacked material plies from the spreading table to a modular, bristle-block conveyor bed for reciprocating knife cutting of patterns. Precise system operations with state-of-the-art motion control communications offer an industrial-strength solution. The Talon 25 can cut up to 1.18 in. (3 cm) of compressed material goods, while the Talon 75 has the capabilities to cut up to 3 in. (7 cm) of compressed material goods.
The Talon has been engineered to meet the demands of clients in growing market segments like industrial fabrics and composites industries; customers cutting traditional -as well as- modern technical materials like kevlar, fiberglass, nonwoven polyesters, foam-backed vinyl and other industrial fabrics.
Automated > Automated Cutting
- Materials database
- Power consumption reduced through intelligent vacuum controls
- Easy to replace, the bristle blocks used in cutting area
- Washable filters
- Internal silencer
- The Talon Tool Head, patent pending
- Quick change knife and sharpening disc
- Reciprocating knife provides precise vertical stroke cutting
- Intellicut knife control software ensures high-quality, precise cuts from top to bottom ply (75x only)
- Talon 25: can cut up to 1.18 in. (3 cm) of compressed material goods
- Talon 75: can cut up to 3 in. (7 cm) of compressed material goods
- Single coated diamond disc provides the perfect cutting edge. Sharpener can be adjusted to user defined angle.
- High-speed-single or dual pneumatic drills
- Internal crank cooling system reduces heat and wear/tear
- Easy access to knife system and assembly parts simplifies daily maintenance procedures
- Direct drive knife system for fewer moving parts and less wear and tear
- Blade wear monitor
- Control of corners to minimize fusing
- Six remote emergency stops
- Additional gantry-mounted stop discs pause system operation until returned to neutral and reset. Operation can resume from any position.
- Tool head is equipped with a transparent safety cover
- Single turn-off point with a universal power system for lockout/tagout safeguards employees from unexpected start-up
- Stack light indicator marks operation status
|Cutting Area Width|
Talon 25: 78 inches (2.0 m)
|Overall Machine Width|
111 inches (2.84 m)
|Cutting Area Length|
5.5 ft. (1.68 m)
|Overall Machine Length|
13 ft. (3.96m); 4 ft. (1.22m) unloading conveyor
Dual-X Axis, Y-Axis & Theta Axis.
|Max. Thickness of Compressed Material|
Talon 25: 1.18 in. (3 cm)
|Electric - Control Power|
208/230/380/460/575V, 3 ph, 50/60 Hz, 9.0 kVA
|Electric - Vacuum Blower|
208/230/380/460/575V, 50/60 Hz, 25 HP, VFD control
90 psi (6.2 bars), 18 cfm
|Maximum Cutting Speed|
Up to 40 in./sec (101.6 cm/second) – material dependent
|Maximum Conveyor Speed|
8 in./sec. (20.3cm/min)
55 – 100°F (12 – 37°C)
Request a Quote
Get an individualized product quote from one of our application specialists. We’re here to help you configure a personalized cutting solution for your business.