COVID-19 PPE | Masks | Face shields | Gloves | Gowns | Flexible partitions | Isolation and privacy curtains | Shelters
Production-Proven Cutting Systems for Medical Products
As new applications for technical textiles have emerged, Eastman has worked in tandem with industry engineers to develop and enhance our cutting products, capabilities and technical support. Eastman is your comprehensive resource for cutting high and low quantities of flexible materials.
Cutting technical textiles is often the first phase of manufacturing in the now critical production of masks, hospital bedding, gowns, curtains, gloves, first aid items, medical wipes, laboratory coats and other PPE. Around the globe, Eastman ‘cloth’ cutting machines are being re-purposed and put into new action to support growing activities due to COVID-19 in industries as varied as health care, utility, military and law enforcement, transportation, safety and sanitary products, agriculture and environmental and construction.
We are here for you! Eastman is available for parts, support or additional equipment capacity as well as pattern generation and cutting parameters as you diversify and transition your equipment manufacture in-demand medical products.
Eastman offers the widest variety of industrial fabrics cutting solutions, both manually-operated and fully automated, CNC cutting systems for materials that must meet performance regulations related to bacterial filtration, resistance to penetration from microorganisms, body fluids, and other contaminants from one person to another. Additional COVID-19 resources are available under the link from the Industrial Fabrics Association International.
Proven Performance in Demanding Production Environments
- Flexibility – to handle the widest range of materials with solutions for single and multiple-ply cutting
- Fast and Easy Set-up for experimentation, concept testing or full-production runs
- Cut small and large sizes – great for small packs all the way up to massive tensile structures exceeding the size of the system
- A robust design for long-life
- Consistent, high accuracy cuts with no re-calibration
- Dependable, reliable mechanical systems, electronics, and software
- Solid operating performance to prevent down-time
Experienced Cutting Technical Support
Eastman works with thousands of international technical textile facilities on a yearly basis. Contact us for more information, or to discuss your unique requirements!
- Machine configurations, options and features for your unique application
- Suggestions for machine setup and operational use for new materials
- Assist in resolving challenging cutting problems
Eastman Machines for Cutting Medical Textiles / Materials for Medical Applications
Please contact us directly with any questions or to discuss your unique application requirements. Eastman systems are suitable for cutting the widest range of technical textiles. Our team of applications specialists have significant experience with R&D and production cutting of industrial fabrics like, but not limited to:
- impermeable material or a water-resistant, tightly woven fabric
- single-use or reusable materials
- cotton muslin
- polyester or polyester blended with cotton
- Various coated materials
- water-repellent chemical finished materials
- Flexible plastics – PET / PVC
- Polyester (various denier)
- Polyurethane Coated Nylon
- Reinforced Vinyl
- Mesh (various types)
- Rubber Backing
- PTFE Coated Fiberglass
- Aero Chrome* , AERO Blue* by Halyard
- Continuous strand Polypropylene
- polypropylene / non-woven fabric
Please fill out the form below and we will find the right cutting products for your application.