As new applications for composites have emerged, Eastman has worked in tandem with industry engineers to develop and enhance our cutting products, capabilities and technical support. Eastman offers the widest variety of composites cutting solutions, both manually-operated and automatic cutting systems for materials like glass fiber, aramid and carbon fiber in both dry and pre-preg form.
R&D and Production
- Flexibility – to handle the widest range of materials
- Fast and Easy Set-up for experimentation, concept testing or full-production runs
- Quality – for cut accuracy and edge quality
- Operating Performance
- Dependable, reliable mechanical systems, electronics, and software
- Solid operating performance to prevent down-time
Engineered Solutions for Composites, Carpet, Interior Textiles. Please contact us directly with any questions or to discuss your unique application requirements. Eastman systems are suitable for cutting composites in both dry and pre-preg form – with or without peel ply; airline interiors like seating, carpets and headliners; cargo-handling systems and other aero related products.
- Unidirectional continuous strand roving
- Bidirectional (woven roving, woven fabrics, continuous strand reinforcement)
- Multidirectional (chopped strands, continuous, chopped strand mat, tri-axial, multiaxial)
- Nonwoven core materials
- Aramid (Kevlar®)
- Fibre-reinforced plastic / FRP (Fiberglass)
- E-Glass, S-Glass
- Carbon Fibre (CF)
- Carbon fibre reinforced plastics (CFRP) / impregnated with epoxy resin
- Carbon- Glass and Carbon- Aramid Hybrid fabrics
- Spectra Shield®, Gold Shield®
- Polyethylene Thermoplastics (P-tex)
- Nomex® flame-resistant meta-aramids
- Quartz Pre-Preg
- Breather Material
- PTFE Film
Eastman equipment meets recognized international protection ratings requirements and optional accessories include aerospace approved inks for high-speed printing; sealed control & computer enclosures to offer dust and water resistant protection in harsh or high particulate environments and other compliant accessories as demanded to meet the strictest guidelines.
”Our Eastman machine is a key piece of equipment in our production process and ability to meet goals.Rebecca Johnson, Airworthy, Inc.
Read more about the Eastman machinery at Airworthy, Inc.
We're here to help.
Our global team is ready to answer your pre- or post-sales questions. You can reach the experienced professionals at Eastman by calling +1 716-856-2200. To have one of our team members contact you, use the button below.