Cutting Systems Designed for Flexibility and Accuracy: Aerospace
As new applications for composites have emerged, Eastman has worked in tandem with industry engineers to develop and enhance our cutting products, capabilities and technical support. Eastman offers the widest variety of composites cutting solutions, both manually-operated and automatic cutting systems for materials like glass fiber, aramid and carbon fiber in both dry and pre-preg form.
R&D and Production
- Flexibility – to handle the widest range of materials
- Fast and Easy Set-up for experimentation, concept testing or full-production runs
- Quality – for cut accuracy and edge quality
- Operating Performance
- Dependable, reliable mechanical systems, electronics, and software
- Solid operating performance to prevent down-time
Engineered Solutions for Composites, Carpet, Interior Textiles
Please contact us directly with any questions or to discuss your unique application requirements. Eastman systems are suitable for cutting composites in both dry and pre-preg form – with or without peel ply; airline interiors like seating, carpets and headliners; cargo-handling systems and other aero related products.
- Unidirectional continuous strand roving
- Bidirectional (woven roving, woven fabrics, continuous strand reinforcement)
- Multidirectional (chopped strands, continuous, chopped strand mat, tri-axial, multiaxial)
- Nonwoven core materials
- Aramid (Kevlar®)
- Fibre-reinforced plastic / FRP (Fiberglass)
- E-Glass, S-Glass
- Carbon Fibre (CF)
- Carbon fibre reinforced plastics (CFRP) / impregnated with epoxy resin
- Carbon- Glass and Carbon- Aramid Hybrid fabrics
- Spectra Shield®, Gold Shield®
- Polyethylene Thermoplastics (P-tex)
- Nomex® flame-resistant meta-aramids
- Quartz Pre-Preg
- Breather Material
- PTFE Film
Eastman equipment meets recognized international protection ratings requirements and optional accessories include aerospace approved inks for high-speed printing; sealed control & computer enclosures to offer dust and water resistant protection in harsh or high particulate environments and other compliant accessories as demanded to meet the strictest guidelines.
Please fill out the form below and we will find the right cutting products for your application.